This qualification has the same privileges as a PPL with the added ability to fly during night times - between sunset and sunrise. You will learn to utilize and rely on the instruments in the aircraft without being restricted when planning and executing a flight.
Requirements for Night Rating (NR)
- You must hold a valid Private Pilot License.
- You will need to complete 10 hrs Dual Instrument Flying. At least 5 take-offs and landings must be done by night and a night cross-country flight of at least 150nm with 2 full stop landings at 2 separate airfields away from base. (These 10 hrs will count towards your Instrument rating).
- Pass an online examination.
- Minimum of 5 hours briefings
- Pass a practical night/IF flight test with a Grade II Flight Instructor.
- Once you have achieved competency and passed all practical and theoretical requirements, your training documentation will be checked and sent to the CAA.
A fee must be paid to include the night rating on your PPL License.